Friday, July 1, 2016

Do Nothing, Yet Have Everything!!!

A few days ago I was visiting a friend in the outskirts of Vilcabamba, Ecuador and while in the taxi heading to a small retreat, I got to thinking about how a driver can only focus on driving and not see nearly as much as the passengers in the vehicle.

And after we got out of the taxi and began to walk, my eyes went into the natural beauty along the pathway to the small cottage I would be spending the night in.

The next thought was a WOW moment!1 More clarity of the meaning of "Do Nothing, Yet Have Everything!" It was from the fact that as we speed through our day, we miss a lot of the "Now Moments" that tend to bring peace and joy and sustenance to life and living. I was observing the hillsides and trees and all that I could focus on, as a passenger in the taxi. I saw even more when I was just walking. And when I stood still, I could see and enjoy enormous details. I, at that moment, was doing no movements, yet was able to blissfully enjoy more details.

The art of enjoying our surroundings as much as possible always bring me to a quiet, stillness that flows up into my heart chakra and immediately calms my mind and my soul.

There are those times when being flown high above the ground is a part of the travels we must do at nearly 500 miles per hour. So I am asking you to challenge yourself, regardless of the speed you may be traveling in, to just find something that you can focus on for a few moments and breathe and do not judge anything or yourself and allow the quite stillness within your mind to take over.

I believe that you, too, will also feel inner peace, while doing nothing, for those few moments. You and I actually have everything under control. I believe that we are as strong and as powerful as our universe, even when we may feel so small and insignificant, at times.

No comments: